Re: How to retrieve further information when getting error #10061

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How to retrieve further information when getting error #10061
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006

"Kai Siegele" <Kai.Siege…@mummert-iss.de> wrote in message
news:6DE3C576D013E340Kai.Siege…@mummert-iss.de...

> This has worked without any problems. But today I am getting
> the exception with error number 10061, connection refused, and
> I don?t know why.

There are 3 possible causes for that error code:

1) there is no server running at the URL you are accessing.

2) there is a server running, but it has too pending clients at the time and
cannot queue anymore yet.

3) there is a firewall/router sitting between you and the server which is
blocking the connection.

> The download via the Internet Explorer still works.

Then the server is likely just overloaded with requests at the time.

> Has anybody an idea how to retrieve further information
> what could have gone wrong?

There isn't any way to get additional information when that error (or any
other socket error) occurs.