Re: TIdURI.URLDecode and UTF-8

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TIdURI.URLDecode and UTF-8
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009

"Christian Gorski" <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote in message
news:3FB081505D7BE340no.spam@no.spam.com...

> Am I right to assume, that TIdURI.URLDecode does not
> decode correctly if data is sent in UTF-8?

The individual UTF-8 codeunits have to be encoded in the URL using the %HH
format.  TIdURI will decode that much, however, it will not decode the UTF-8
codeunits to produce the correct Ansi/Unicode characters afterwards.  You
have to do that manually.

TIdURI is currently in the process of being completely re-written from
scratch for Indy 11.  Amongst other things, UTF-8 will be handled
transparently.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)