Re: Digest authentication and HTTPServer

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Digest authentication and HTTPServer
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009

"Christian Elber" <ebbew…@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:FCE96799EB81E340ebbew…@hotmail.com...

> I have a problem with Digest authentication and TIdHTTPServer.

TIdHTTPServer does not currently support Digest.  It only supports Basic.
If the client tries to use any authentication other than Basic, an
EIdHTTPUnsupportedAuthorisationScheme exception will be raised.

> I have read in previous posts that I only need to include
> IdAuthenticationDigest to my unit

That applies to TIdHTTP, not to TIdHTTPServer.  TIdHTTPServer does not
currently use the IdAuthentication... units at all.  That is on the TODO
list.

> HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
> Connection: close
> WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="Test"

As you can see, the server reports via its "WWW-Authenticate" header that it
will only accept "Basic" and nothing else.

> I attach the little code sample I have tested with to see if anybody
> can see my mistake!

There is no mistake on your part.  TIdHTTPServer is simply hard-coded to
only support Basic at this time.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)