Re: Testing HTTP proxy code without a proxy

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Testing HTTP proxy code without a proxy
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009

"Ross McMillan" <nospam@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:B14826FA0C95E340nospam@gmail.com...

> is there a way of testing the proxy code, i.e.  how do I
> "simulate" a proxy server dor development?

For now, TIdHTTP requires an actual proxy server.  It does not currently use
the TIdIOHandlerSocket.TransparentProxy property, which means that you
cannot write your own TIdCustomTransparentProxy component to simulate a fake
proxy.  You will just have to install an actual proxy server on your network
for testing.  There are plenty of third-party freeware and shareware servers
available.  Maybe in Indy 11...

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)