Re: EIdCookieError exceptions

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: EIdCookieError exceptions
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau \(Indy Team\) (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010

"Clayton Arends" <nospam_claytonarends@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:8BC943E663C1E340nospam_claytonarends@hotmail.com...

> My Indy source tree is on the version as of Sep 10, 2010.  One
> of my projects was recently compiled against it and now every
> HTTP request raises the following exception:
>
>  (EIdCookieError)
>  Unsupported cookie version: 0

That is a known bug that has not been fixed yet.  Version 0 refers to older
Netscape-style cookies, but TIdCookies.AddClientCookie() is incorrectly
forcing all received cookies to use TIdCookieRFC2965 (which only supports
cookie version 1) instead of TIdCookieRFC2109 (which supports versions 0 and
1).  This is currently being worked on.

> I took a look at IdCookie.pas and there was a lot of work done to it
> between my previous working source branch (May 12) and Sep 10
> when I started having the problem.

Yes.  Cookie support began being completely re-written awhile ago, and is
not quite finished yet.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)