Re: Indy+Xe4

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Indy+Xe4
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013

Alexandre wrote:

> if I try to take a page with https, does not work because the device can
> not load the SSL library (Could not load SSL library). This is very obvious.

This has been discussed several times lately on the Embarcadero forums.
Basically, iOS does not allow external dynlibs to be used in an app, so the
OpenSSL library must be statically compiled into your iOS app directly, it
cannot be used as an external library like on other platforms.  Due to restrictions
imposed by international import/export laws, Embarcadero cannot ship OpenSSL
itself, so you have to compile/obtain a static version of OpenSSL yourself
and add it to your project.  Then, you need to add the "IdSSLOpenSSLHeaders_static"
unit to your "uses" clause to allow Indy to use the statically-linked version
of OpenSSL instead of dynamic loading OpenSSL at runtime.

--
Remy Lebeau (Indy Team)