Re: news servers result codes

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: news servers result codes
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003

"bluewolf" <bluewo…@yournamehere.com> wrote in message
news:Xns94302BE0C8D84bluewolfyournamehe…@81.3.74.23...
> I connect to a server and it gives me a error 400 connection
> limit reached I have trapped the EIdConnClosedGracefully,
> but how can I found out if it was an 400 result code or 502 etc??

First, make sure that you are using the latest version of Indy.  Then,
assuming this is happening right at initial connection, then 400 will set
the Permission property to crTempUnavailable, whereas 502 will throw an
EIdNNTPConnectionRefused exception.  You can also check the LastCmdResult
property, it contains information about the last response packet that was
received, including the response code.  If you catch an
EIdProtocolReplyError (or descendant) exception, such as
EIdNNTPConnectionRefused, it has a ReplyErrorCode property as well.