Re: TIdNNTP in a thread.

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TIdNNTP in a thread.
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003

"Louis Nardozi" <lnardo…@cox.net> wrote in message
news:2223033ACF89E240lnardo…@cox.net...

> Occasionally, one will disconnect without GetArticle returning.

What do you mean exactly?  One "what" will disconnect?  It is not possible
for GetArticle() to block indefinately if the socket has been disconnected.
Please provide more details.

> Is there any way to prevent this happening, or at least to
> detect that it will never come out of .GetArticle?

GetArticle() should never be hanging indefinately to begin with.

I use TIdNTTP in a thread and have never had the problem you are describing.