Re: Nothing shows up!

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Nothing shows up!
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004

"Clément Doss" <cdoss@nospam.dhs.com.br> wrote in message
news:E4EC755BC68CE240cdoss@nospam.dhs.com.br...

> I am using mozilla as my news reader. I composed a message with
> it, send it to the server, that stored it  just fine... and that's all
folks.
> This message is not shown no matter what. I even hooked a "show
> message" to every single event and no one fired...

Do *not* call ShowMessage() (or MessageDlg()) from any of the event handlers
that have an AThread parameter.  Such event handlers are triggered in the
context of worker threads, not the main VCL thread.  Internally,
ShowMessage() displays a modal VCL form, and VCL forms do not work correctly
outside of the main VCL thread.  Use the Win32 API's MessageBox() function
instead, it is safe to use in worker threads.