Re: preventing char convertion

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: preventing char convertion
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004

"Feijó" <fei…@x.suply.com> wrote in message
news:8E44CB0BD890E240fei…@x.suply.com...

> When I post a msg, my name are converted to this:
> "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Feij=F3?="

It is doing what it should be doing.  TIdMessage will only encode values
like you show if there are any characters below ASCII #32 (non-printable
characters) or greater than ASCII #126 (extended characters).  Your name
actually does contain 1 extended character in it (the "ó"), thus TIdMessage
decides to encode it for proper transport.  The actual encoding is based on
the OS's particular locale.  ISO-8859-1 is the default for non-foreign
systems (Japanese, Korean, etc).

> How can I prevent that ???

Specify a name without any extended characters in it.  Your email address
uses "o" instead of "ó", for example.