Re: Newbie Xover, getnewnews

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Newbie Xover, getnewnews
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005

"santaX" <sant…@home.nl> wrote in message
news:opsf6b2wx8jow4…@cp683485-a.gelen1.lb.home.nl...

> I'm trying hard to build a nntp client, but I am failing...
> Could someone please show me the proper way of getting
> the articles (headers) of a newsgroup.
> I can actually download the grouplist, but I can't figure
> out howto download messages from a group :(

You already know the answer to that since you put the necessary commands in
your subject.  Do not use NEWNEWS, most servers do not implement it anymore.
Use XOVER instead.  TIdNNTP has XOVER() and ParseXOVER() methods.  Please
read RFC 2980 http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2980.txt) for details on the
parameters you need to pass to XOVER.