Re: Unknown Message Part Type. D7 Indy 9.00.10

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Unknown Message Part Type. D7 Indy 9.00.10
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004

"Jon Jacobs" <JonJacobsAtcomcast.net> wrote in message

> I have been pleased, for the most part, with my news reader built around
> the TIdNNTP component. However, there is an anomoly. When I connect
> to this news server, I have an exception when trying to read certain
articles.
> Interestingly, the only articles that give me this problem are by Kudzu.
Many,
> but not all of them. An example would be number 161 in this newsgroup.

Those numbers are fairly meaningless outside of your session.  Please show
the actual message.  Chances are, the message is using a complex format
(nested message parts, etc).  Your version of Indy is very old, and does not
handle complex messages very well.

> Note the same statment, with the same connection and newsgroup works fine
> for the other articles.

They are probably simplier messages.