Re. What characters are never used in a newsreader?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re. What characters are never used in a newsreader?
Posted by:  Elmar Baumann (elmar-nospam@anywhere.net)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005

>Perry Kappetein wrote in Article <A4BB4D4431C7E240someo…@hotmail.com>
>with Subject: What characters are never used in a newsreader?, on 15.04.2005 19:56:55

Hello,

>I am using #9 now for splitting my fields in a line.

That you can doing, you get the same TAB-Char from XOVER- Output
(have a look  to RFC 2980).

>are there any other characters that are not beeing used?

Please specify - what should unused Charcters do?

If you are using the RFC recommended String-Format for your eMailAdresses/Names
there is nothing what you could do wrong when you are posting.

Regards

Elmar Baumann

Indy9 NNTP Internet News Reader/Writer, E. Baumann Software 2005

Portions of this Software are Copyright (c) 1993 - 2005,
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) and the Indy Pit Crew
http://www.IndyProject.org/>