Re: What characters are never used in a newsreader?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: What characters are never used in a newsreader?
Posted by:  Colin Wilson (col…@wilsonc.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005

Perry Kappetein wrote:

> What characters are never used in a newsreader?
> I am using #9 now for splitting my fields in a line.
> are there any other characters that are not beeing used?

The Tab character (#9) shouldn't appear in headers.

But, like with everything on USENET, you can never 100% rely on this.
You've already downloaded the source for XanaNews, so have a look in
NewsGlobals.pas at the FixHeaders procedure.  It tidies them up, by
merging split lines, replacing tabs with spaces, etc.

--
Colin - Author of XanaNews