Re: i don't understand a POP3Server Demo

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: i don't understand a POP3Server Demo
Posted by:  Andrew Neillans (an…@neillans.co.uk)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003

"Marcello Scala" <marcello.sca…@email.it> wrote in message
news:09C74006CC76E240marcello.sca…@email.it...
> Hi All.
>
> I don't understand the functinally of the POP3Server Demo.
>
> 1. Who call this functions:
>    procedure IdPOP3Server1CommandUSER(AThread: TIdPeerThread; AUserName:
> String);
>    procedure IdPOP3Server1CommandPASS(AThread: TIdPeerThread; APassword:
> String);
>    procedure IdPOP3Server1CommandSTAT(AThread: TIdPeerThread);
>    procedure IdPOP3Server1CommandLIST(AThread: TIdPeerThread;
AMessageNum:
> Integer);
>    procedure IdPOP3Server1CommandRETR(AThread: TIdPeerThread AMessageNum:
> Integer);
>    procedure IdPOP3Server1CommandDELE(AThread: TIdPeerThread;
AMessageNum:
> Integer);
>    procedure IdPOP3Server1CommandQUIT(AThread: TIdPeerThread);
>
>    And why tthe source of this procedure is not write into the correct
> Event?
>
> 2. Where can i set a default value for USER and PASS?
>
> Thanks to all and sorry for my english

The packaged POP3 Demo is a bit of a mess at the minute - a revised copy has
been sent to the Demo Team Co-Ordinator for inclusion in the next demos
update.

For now you can grab it fromwww.neillans.co.uk/POP3Server.zip

Should be a little bit easier to understand :)

The CheckUser event is where you check the username / password; the comments
in the above download should help.

Andy