Re: Using Indy 9.0.14 with Secure Authenticated servers (TIdPOP3/TIdSMTP)

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Using Indy 9.0.14 with Secure Authenticated servers (TIdPOP3/TIdSMTP)
Posted by:  Jon E. Scott (supportATblueorbsoftDOTcom)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003

Went ahead and looked into the IdPOP3 unit to help see what's going on.  If
APOP is True, the Connect procedure raises a RSPOP3ServerDoNotSupportAPOP
exception if there is no time stamp in the GetResponse call.  However, the
response from email.msn.com is valid as it returns this:

BAY0-POP05 POP3 Server ready

If I comment out the raise EIdException.Create(RSPOP3ServerDoNotSupportAPOP)
call, all is fine, except some SendCmd() calls aren't supported on the
server like SendCmd('STAT'), which is used in CheckMessages.

If APOP is False, SendCmd('USER '...  and SendCmd('PASS '... are not
supported.

Has anyone gotten Indy to work with SA servers???

--
Thanks,
Jon E. Scott