Re: winmail.dat

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: winmail.dat
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (TeamB) (
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003

"Pat" <patar…> wrote in message
> Is there any decoder available that I can buy and use in my app?
> If I get email sent by Outlook users, I cannot display embeded
> pictures in my email client. I need to get access to this sucker.

    OL2000: How Message Formats Affect Internet Mail;en-us;241538

    FENTUN.EXE - decodes MS TNEF format
    (for a small price, you can buy the souce code or core libraries
    from the author for use in your own code)

If you want the technicals for how TNEF works so that you can write your own

    OL2000: Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format (TNEF) Basics;en-us;224817

    Transport-Neutral Encapsulation Format (TNEF)