Re: winmail.dat

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: winmail.dat
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003

"Pat" <patar…@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:DC8814982082E240patar…@hotmail.com...
> Is there any decoder available that I can buy and use in my app?
> If I get email sent by Outlook users, I cannot display embeded
> pictures in my email client. I need to get access to this sucker.

    OL2000: How Message Formats Affect Internet Mail
  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;241538

    FENTUN.EXE - decodes MS TNEF format
  http://www.fentun.com
    (for a small price, you can buy the souce code or core libraries
    from the author for use in your own code)

If you want the technicals for how TNEF works so that you can write your own
decoder:

    OL2000: Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format (TNEF) Basics
  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224817

    Transport-Neutral Encapsulation Format (TNEF)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/mapi/html/_mapi1book_transport_neutral_encapsulation_format_tnef_.asp