Re: TidPop3 connect and readtimeout

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TidPop3 connect and readtimeout
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004

"Jhoe Logz" <er…@smsglobal.com> wrote in message
news:66DD53F9FC93E240er…@smsglobal.com...

> using Indy ver 9

Which version of 9 exactly?

> what is the difference between .Connect with TimeOut and .ReadTimeOut?

They are completely different and unrelated things.  ReadTimeout is not used
during Connect() at all.  ReadTimeout only applies to ReadFromStack() and
thus any reading methods that call ReadFromStack() internally.  Nothing
more.

> how come there is no exception with my code?

You need to provide more details.

>      POP.Connect(6000); // this part seems not working.

Just saying "it doesn't work" says nothing at all about the actual problem
you are experiencing.  Please be more specific.