Re: File Corruption problem

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: File Corruption problem
Posted by:  Ciaran Costelloe (ccostell…@flogas.ie)
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004

<salvador.per…@valmesa.es> wrote in message
news:AED6C47462A1E240salvador.per…@valmesa.es...
> Hi everybody...
>
> First of all let me apologize about my english, I know i've to improve it.

Better than my Spanish, and I am going to Spain in a week :-)

> I'm trying to develope an system which permits the automatic
classification
> and also distribuition of documents between the staff of my company using
> email. I choosed the combination of Delphi 7 and Indy 9 as the tool for
the
> implementation.
>
> The problem is that, when I try to download emails with huge attachments
> the resultant file is corrupted. I tried sending the PDF documentation of
> indy (arround 27Mb) using MS Outlook 2003.

Since our email system has a 10 MB limit, I tested the Indy 10 encoders and
decoders on a 37 MB PDF file.  It was encoded and subsequently decoded fine.

> After that I tried to download
> using the TIdPop3 component (our server is a MServer 6.5.x). The resultant
> PDF was different than the original and acrobat reader was unable to open
> it. Also made a diff between the two files and i noticed that some lines
> starting with '.' were replaced by '..<rest of the line>'.

This sounds like the PDF attachment was not encoded at all, but sent as
text: this will not work with a PDF.  Make sure Outlook is encoding it as
base64.

> Anybody with the same problem? Can somebody help me? Any workarround?

If you still have a problem, can you paste the start of the email here (down
to the first few lines of the attachment)?

Ciaran