A bug in IDCoderHeader DecodeHeader function?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: A bug in IDCoderHeader DecodeHeader function?
Posted by:  Andrew Lockwood (andrew.lockwo…@fsbdial.co.uk)
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004

We have (unfortunately!) just received the following e-mail which puts the
DecodeHeader function into an endless loop.

When we encountered this before, Don S suggested that the problem may be
that the message is malformed due to the lack of whitespaces in the folded
header lines.  Whether or not the message is malformed seems irrelevant.  If
Indy is to function properly, it needs to be able to cope with problems like
this.

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:08 +0400
To: ospectra37…@netscape.net
From: =?KOI8-R?Q?Muhammed Abacha?= <primestim…@rin.ru>
Subject: =?KOI8-R?Q?Please Reply me soonest?=

      VERY URGENT AND STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL.

=20
Sir,=20
=20
I am MR. MOHAMMED ABACHA the son of the late Gen. Sani Abacha, former head =
of State of Nigeria who died on 8th June 1998 while in office. Since the de=
ath of my father the present Government of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has been=
tormenting members of the Abachas family including family friends. All bus=
inesses and property owned by the Abachas have been confiscated by the Gove=
rnment and all our Bank Account in Nigeria and abroad have been frozen. A q=
uick reference of Newsweek publication of March 13th 1999 were 88million do=
llars was taken from us will give you an insight of what I have gone throug=
h. After a short while I was arrested and detained in prison custody, the g=
overnment came up with a trump up charge against me and honestly speaking I=
have been in detention since November 1999 and I was only released on Thur=
sdays (11-07-02) by the supreme court of Nigeria who passed judgment in my =
favor.
=20
During the reign of my father as the president of this country, an Aluminum=
Smelter Company of Nigeria (Alscom) contract was revealed. The contract wa=
s for the construction of plant, at Ikuta Abasi in Akwa Ibom State of Niger=
ia, for production of ingots and billets required as raw material for Alumi=
num and Allied Industries, Reynolds Incorporated of America, Phoenix and M&=
F Companies of Switzerland conducted the feasibility studies. The contract =
was awarded to Ferrostall AG of Germany. However, after the revaluation of =
the contract, Ferrostall AG collected its own share of the increment in pro=
ject cost, while my father's share of fifty-eight Million U.S. Dollars (US$=
58M) was deposited on my name with a security company here in Nigeria for s=
afety keep and I know that my father was planning of how to send this money=
abroad before his sudden death in June 8 1998. Since then the money has be=
en with the security company up till date. This US$58M was secretly package=
d in a trunk box and the certificate of deposit where on my name and is sti=
ll in my possession.
=20
Hence all plane is to ship this money abroad through a diplomatic means wit=
hout the knowledge of anybody from outside knowing my involvement in this m=
oney, to avoid being seized due to my presently situation and also I am han=
dicapped as what next to do since I am not conversant with international mo=
nitory policies. Hence I am contacting you as a reputable and trustworthy p=
erson, with a well experience and able hand to help. This was to bit the se=
curity system in Nigeria Because I want you to claim the money on my behalf=
I have declared to the security company that the consignment belongs to (=
YOU) as my foreign business partners.  Actually I got your contact from a r=
eliable source, and also I believe you are in a good position to assist me =
to transfer this fund for good investment.
=20
Upon receipt of your willingness to assist me claim this money I will then =
contact my personal attorney to draft a power of attorney that will authori=
ze you as the beneficially of this money so that you can handle this transa=
ction on my behalf. And as soon as this money leaves Nigeria I will travel =
out to seek asylum either in Europe or America. Our contract with APEX FINA=
NCE AND SECURITIES GROUP remains few weeks to expire and I am down broke to=
renew the duration with the Security Company.
=20
As a matter of urgency, I will like you to send to me immediately your tele=
phone and fax number. I shall send you all the clearance documents by fax. =
I will then forward your name as the beneficiary and my foreign business pa=
rtner to the Security Company. You will be entitled to 20% of the total sum=
involved for your assistance, 5% will be set aside for reimbursement to yo=
u for any incidental expenses that may be incurred in the course of the tra=
nsaction.
=20
Your URGENT response is needed. I want you to call my Attorney, Barrister L=
awrence Daniel on 234 1 7755778 for more detailed directives information an=
d the nest required step of how we have to make move immediately as I have =
told him about you and he is to handle all the processing with you on my be=
half.  All your REPLY must go through these our family private email addres=
s: mohammed.abac…@mail.ee and ospectra37…@netscape.net , I will also need=
your private and direct telephone and fax number for easy reach. Please th=
is is a very confidential matter, you don't disclose to anybody for us to h=
ave success.
=20
Best regard
=20
MR MOHAMMED ABACHA=20

N: B=20
PLAESE I WANT YOU TO RELPY ME THIS MAIL TO MY ALTERNATIVE EMAIL ADDRESSES m=
ohammed.abac…@mail.ee and ospectra37…@netscape.net or BEST CALL MY LAWYER=
ON 234 1 7755778 FOR MORE DIRECT EXPLANATIONS ABOUT THE BUSINESS.

=20
=20

Andrew Lockwood