Re: Erratic MessagePart ContentType

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Erratic MessagePart ContentType
Posted by:  Andrew Lockwood (andrew.lockwo…@fsbdial.co.uk)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004

I have been investigating further, and the problem seems to arise when the
IsMsgSinglePartMime value is true, when in fact, it is not a SinglePartMimie
e-mail.

I have tried to work out how the value is set, and I have even tried setting
it to false at the start of the TIdPOP3.Retrieve procedure but this doesn't
seem to have any effect - when I debug the code, the value is still true
even immediately after I have set it to false!!

Andrew Lockwood

"Andrew Lockwood" <andrew.lockwo…@fsbdial.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D2880F7884A3E240andrew.lockwo…@fsbdial.co.uk...
> I am experiencing a bizarre problem at present with a few emails.
Sometimes
> the ContentType of the TIDText message part is returned correctly and
other
> times, it is returned as the ContentType of the whole message.
>
> I am talking about the same message in each case.  So if I download it
once,
> the ContentType of the TIDText message part may be returned as
> multipart/alternative for example, but if I download the same message
again,
> the ContentType of the TIDText message part is returned as text/html.
>
> This seems to be completely illogical and therefore impossible, but the
fact
> is that it is happening - I spent quite a while yesterday afternoon
playing
> with two particular messages and it happened time and time again.

Replies

In response to

Erratic MessagePart ContentType posted by Andrew Lockwood on Sun, 4 Jul 2004