Re: message/partial content type

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: message/partial content type
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004

"Andrew Lockwood" <andrew.lockwo…@fsbdial.co.uk> wrote in message
news:0872778852AFE240andrew.lockwo…@fsbdial.co.uk...

> I have just received an e-mail which has a content type
> "message/ partial" - whatever that is supposed to be.

Look at RFCs 2045 and 2046 for details.

> I am using Indy 10 and it cannot work out if the
> message parts are TIDText or TIDAttachment.

Indy does not currently support "message/partial".

Although I suspect that Indy 10 should already be able to store every
unknown thing into a TIdAttachment just fine, which you can then concat
together after you have downloaded all of the partial pieces.  If there are
no message boundaries defined in the main header, then everything that is
not a "text/*" or a "multipart/*" is already stored into TIdAttachment.  Are
you saying that is not actually the case here?  Can you please show an
actual example of your partial messages that Indy is not parsing correctly?