Re: utf8 coding in message headers?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: utf8 coding in message headers?
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004

"Kovary Adam" <koad…@freemail.hu> wrote in message
news:C69D20D6E1B3E240koad…@freemail.hu...

> Some messages I got has subject, sender name  and other fields
> encodeded with utf8. I try to use DecodeHeader() fucntion,
> but it does not works.

DecodeHeader() (and thus Indy in general) does not currently support UTF8
encoded header items.  This issue has already been brought to the attention
of Indy's developers several days ago and it is currently being reviewed.

> How could i turn it into a readable form?

You will have to decode the value manually for now.

> I am sure that indy can handle this somehow...

No, actually, it currently cannot handle it right now.