Re: Indy 9.0.18: Can't get attachment when email in specific format

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Indy 9.0.18: Can't get attachment when email in specific format
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004

"ilya ovsischer" <iomong…@popa.com> wrote in message
news:4136F1A54DB6E240iomong…@popa.com...

> I just need to know if it can be solved by ugrading to Indy 10

Yes, the issue is addressed in Indy 10.

There is no MIME boundary specified in the headers that you have shown.
Indy 9 will not be able to automatically decode the binary data properly.
In order for Indy 9 to recognize the "base64" encoding for the message
content, there has to be a MIME boundary specified, even if it is not
actually used in the content.  Without that boundary present in the headers,
TIdMessageDecoderMIME will not be invoked to decode the data.  The content
will be stored in the main Body property in its original encoded format, and
you will have to decode it manually.

> I did add some !, so borland will allow me to post this message.

You do not need to do that.  You can post the headers as-is and they will
post fine.