Re: Tryign to debug code where TidMessage decides what type of decoding to use.

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Tryign to debug code where TidMessage decides what type of decoding to use.
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004

"Jason Chapman" <jason@nospamjac2.co.uk> wrote in message
news:64FEBD94C4B7E240jason@nospamjac2.co.uk...

> I have an attachment (inbound from a pop3 server) that INDY
> 9 & 10 are intepreting at plain text.

Indy 10 will not interpret it as text.  It will be interpreted as an
attachment.  Only fields that have "text/*" or "multipart/*" content types
are interpreted as text, as even then only if no dispotion or file name is
present.  That is not the case with the headers you have shown.

> When I ask that the message gets decoded I get:

That should not be possible.  Please show your actual code.

> I am struggling to find the bit of code that has a conditional or case
> statement based on the content-type.

I take it, then, that you did not look inside of
TIdMessageDecoderList.CheckForStart() yet?  That is where the decision
making occurs.

> 1) Should indy handle:

Yes, of course it should, and it does.