Re: Getting many more messages than there are

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Getting many more messages than there are
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005

"Christian Tiberg" <christi…@commsoft.nu> wrote in message
news:C4C9245D04BFE240christi…@commsoft.nu...

>  Msgs := Cli.CheckMessages;
>  if Msgs > 0 then
>  begin
>    try
>    Cli.UIDL(Lst);

You did not say what value is being assigned to Msgs, or what values are
being stored in Lst.

>          MsgNum := StrToIntDef(Copy(Lst[i], 1, ix - 1), i + 1);

What is ix and what value is it being assigned?  You could use Fetch()
instead, then you don't need ix:

    s := Lst[i];
    MsgNum := StrToIntDef(Fetch(s), i + 1);

> Sometimes, we get *a lot* of messages from the Cli.UIDL call, but
> nothing seems to come from the call to get the message. Does anyone
> know what can cause this?

You have not provided enough details to diagnose your problem.