Re: Does Indy support decoding of Subjects like this?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Does Indy support decoding of Subjects like this?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005

"K. Andris" <k.andr…@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:79AC057E15C4E240k.andr…@gmail.com...

> Does Indy support decoding of Subjects like this?

Yes, to an extent.  I nthe case of "koi8-r" specifically, you need Indy 10,
as Indy 9 does not recognize "koi8-r".

> Of course a WideString "Subject" property ... would be required.

The data is encoded as ASCII.  Indy will decode the Quoted-printable to
produce another ASCII string.  You will have to manually decode that data
(which will be the raw "koi8-r" data) to produce the final Unicode string.