Re: POP3 message encoding error

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: POP3 message encoding error
Posted by:  Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu (cp…@hower.org)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005

"Michele Minorello" <_t_D4723278…@newsread.albacom.net> wrote in
news:D38593BE49C9E240_t_D4723278…@newsread.albacom.net:
> I'm currently using Indy 10 and VS (VB.NET), and when I save the RAW
> incoming messages there are a lot of problems with the encoding of the
> message.

When you retrieve raw - it does EXACTLY that, retrieves it raw.

But I see this is likely your problem. Very few maill gateways or clients
support 8 bit encoding and thats why we have MIME etc. Indy reads it as ASCII
(7 bit) and your bytes likely get trashed by the .NET functions that convert
the bytes into ASCII.