Re: MessageParts not working

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: MessageParts not working
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005

"Clint Lord" <clintlo…@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:218630E996CFE240clintlo…@gmail.com...

> When I pull the one part out of the part collection I always
> get a TIdText object that contains the entire message (from
> the "text/plain" to "text/html" to "application/octet-stream" to
> "application/vnd.ms-excel" parts).

The only way that should be happening is if the MIME boundaries in the
message are not set up properly, so the decoders do not know where one part
ends and the next one begins.  Can you please show actual message data that
is not being decoded properly.

>        this.richTextBox1.Text +=
> ((Indy.Sockets.Text)mess.MessageParts[j]).Body.GetText() + "\
";

You are type-casting every message part to TIdText regardless of whether it
is actually text or attachment.  You should be checking the actual class
type before casting.