Re: Indy 10: How to check if TIdPOP3 is really online! ("Connected" is very unre

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Indy 10: How to check if TIdPOP3 is really online! ("Connected" is very unre
Posted by:  Ciaran Costelloe (ccostell…@flogas.ie)
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005

> So how can I check if TIdPOP3 is really still connected (and realize
> a "connection reset by peer" without getting a exception!)?

The only real answer is for you to trap the exception with an exception
handler ("try"..."except").  It is very difficult (impossible) to know
if the connection is lost if there is no data being transferred - if
you really want to go this route, you could use a timer to request the
number of messages every (say) 60 seconds to see if you can still
connect to the server, but you will still get an exception that you
have to handle if the server is not there.

Ciaran