Re: Invalid Argument to date encode

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Invalid Argument to date encode
Posted by:  Ciaran Costelloe (ccostell…@flogas.ie)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005

Alex Dean wrote:

> When I use TIdPOP3 to recieve the mail, it shows a error "invalid
> argument to date encode", because the date of mail has chinese word,
> how can I resolve the question.

In Indy 10 (and possibly Indy 9, I don't know) you will only see this
exception when running the application in the IDE debugger, and not
when running the application normally, because Indy has code to
specifically trap this exception and invalid dates.  There is an option
in Borland's debugger to turn off handled exceptions, if you really
wish.

Ciaran