Re: Error retrieving email

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Error retrieving email
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006

"mikeB" <borrowdal…@mdnationwide.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D61240C6EAE9E240borrowdal…@mdnationwide.co.uk...

> The exception thrown is an EFCreateError with a message of
> Cannot create file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\attachment;
> filename="2006118122954_779697980.csv"". The filename, directory name, or
> volume label syntax is incorrect.
> or sometimes  Cannot create file
> "C:\WINDOWS\system32\application\octet-stream;
> name="2006118122954_779697980.csv"". The system cannot find the path
> specified.

The error is self-explanatory.  The filename you are trying to create is not
valid.

And why do you have your TEMP folder set to the OS's system folder?  You
should not be doing that at all.

> Obviously something in the environment has changed recently because the
> problem has only just started with no changes in my program. Can anyone
shed
> any light on what the problem might be and how I might fix it?

Without seeing what the original email looks like, I can only guess that it
is probably malformed or otherwise in a format that Indy 9's TIdMessage
cannot parse properly.

Also, which version of Indy 9 are you actually using?