Re: How to connect tidLogEvent to tidPOP3 ?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How to connect tidLogEvent to tidPOP3 ?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006

"arthur hoornweg" <antispam.hoornweg@casema.nl.net> wrote in message
news:465B0BE725EAE240antispam.hoornweg@casema.nl.net...

> In Indy 9, it used to be simple to connect a tidLogevent to
> a tIdPOP3 but I haven't the faintest idea how to do it in Indy10.

The same way you do in Indy 9, except that the Intercept property has been
moved into the IOHandler class in Indy 10.

Since Connect() creates a default IOHandler object internally if no
IOHandler is already assigned, then you won't be able to assign the
Intercept until after Connect() returns, and thus you won't be able to log
what Connect() does.  If you need to log what Connect() does, then you have
to assign an IOHandler object yourself, such as TIdIOHandlerStack, to the
connection's IOHandler property before you call Connect().

I am currently working on re-exposing the Intercept property back into
TIdTCPConnection to allow Intercept objects to be assigned before calling
Connect() without having to assign an IOHandler manually.  That will appear
in a future snapshot of Indy 10 (no ETA at the moment).