Re: Delphi7.Indy10.0.52.POP3 component loosing connectvity to the server while g

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Delphi7.Indy10.0.52.POP3 component loosing connectvity to the server while g
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006

"ilya ovsishcher" <iomong…@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:727D595F2EF1E240iomong…@yahoo.com...

> Other day we discovered an issue with POP3 component. It tries
> to download message A, but for some reason it is failing to do so

Just saying it fails doesn't say anything about the actual problem.  Is an
error being reported?  Is an exception being thrown?

> it is loosing connection to the server.

That is because the server is actively disconnecting the connection on
purpose.  Your own log shows that.  That is what "Connection Closed
Gracefully" means - the other party intentionally closed the socket on its
end.

> We patched our code to check if component connected for every email

That is not necessary.

> Please let us know is anything can be done to avoid such situation in
> the future.

There is no way to diagnose your problem without more details.  Your log
does not show what your actual code is doing.  Please show your actual code.

> One important details is that before BOUNDARY_OUTLOOK there is
> character with code of 01. Maybe it is important

It might be.  At the very least, TIdMessage is probably failing to parse the
message data that was downloaded.  That is not a TIdPOP3 problem, and the
connection should remain open as long as the raw data was transmitted
properly.