Re: Decode an attachment

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Decode an attachment
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006

"Peter S." <…@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2A89D878F5F5E24…@hotmail.com...

> I recieved an email in which I cannot see the attachment
> using Outlook Express. What I see is plain text :

Please show the COMPLETE message and ALL headers.  If OE can't parse it,
then the message is likely malformed to begin with.

Is the "name" portion on its own line with no indentation?  The "name" is
part of the "Content-Type" header, so it needs to be on the same line, or
indented on the next line.  If it is not indented, then it will be treated
as a separate header, and the attachment will not have a valid name assigned
to it.

The same applies with the "filename" as well.