Re: Missing Body text, subject and from

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Missing Body text, subject and from
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006

"slappyhack" <slappyha…@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:43B313BD0BF6E240slappyha…@gmail.com...

> The issue I am running into at this point is email from hotmail.com
> and some other web email systems do not contain the Body, subject
> or from in other words they are empty, while email from yahoo, gmail
> and others work fine.

Please show the raw message data that is being downloaded.  Attach a
TIdLog... component to the TIdPOP3, or use an external packet sniffer such
as Ethereal http://www.ethereal.com), for that.

> I have included the method that handles the incoming mail for you to look
over.

The first thing I see is that you are only looking at the
TIdMessage.MessageParts collection, never the TIdMessage.Body property.  You
should be analyzing the TIdMessage.ContentType property in order to know
where the message body is actually being stored.  Or at the very least,
looking at the Body property when the MessageParts is empty.