Re: German signs

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: German signs
Posted by:  Lukas (luk…@gms.info)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006

procedure IdPOP3Server1RETR(ASender: TIdCommand; AMessageNum: Integer);
var
[...]
begin
  ASender.Reply.SetReply(OK, mypop3.RetrieveMsgSize(AmessageNum).tostring +
' octets');
  msg:=tidmessage.Create;
  msg.NoEncode := true;
  msg.NoDecode := true;
  mypop3.Retrieve(AMessageNum,Msg);
[...]
end;

If the message was sent to me by a client like Outlook everything works well
and I see the german signs in the right way. But if the message was sent by
hotmail, yahoo, gmx, ... the signs do not look the right way. This happens
because there are no message-parts in these mails, only TidText. If i then
look at the Body property the signs are not correct (german signs ä, ö, ü,
ß).

What can I do to handle no-message-part-mails to get the right signs? Please
give me a code example if possible.

Thank u