Re: RetrieveRaw raises "Max Line Length exceeded"

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: RetrieveRaw raises "Max Line Length exceeded"
Posted by:  Ciaran Costelloe (ccostell…@flogas.ie)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006

> I'm scanning my mail for spam, i.e I'm using a "RetrieveRaw" to get
> the raw data and then I search it for keywords.  It all works fine
> except for a few messages, doing a RetrieveRaw on then raises a "Max
> Line Length exceeded" exception.

That exception may only be occurring when run in the IDE?

Some emails have html that does not have any CRLF pairs so it is a
single line, as per the RFCs (single CRs or LFs do not count).  These
should have been encoded (usually as Quoted-Printable) by the sender.

Indy 10 has code to deal with these non-compliant emails, but I don't
know about Indy 9.  All the ones I have seen are "unsolicited", but
some were from very "reputable" but misguided sources.

Ciaran