Re: A query about the Boundary

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: A query about the Boundary
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006

"Igor" <clarkecomputers.te…@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:BC9A9FF4E6FEE240clarkecomputers.te…@gmail.com...

> Today I got a message from a client saying that a program called
> Mail Scanner rejected the email because it said the email is not
> correctly formatted.

Which version of Indy are you using?  The Indy developers have put in a lot
of time and effort into making sure that Indy-generated messages conform to
RFC standards for formatting and are well-formed enough to pass through most
spam filters.

> We looked into it and found that the email doesn't comply with
> RFC2046 to do with the boundary.  It was saying that a boundary
> cannot be contained in any of the encapsulated parts.

Indy should be randomizing its boundaries better.  At the very least, the
random character that it currently places at the end of an encapsulated part
could be placed at the beginning instead.  Then the higher-level boundaries
would not be seen as illegal prefixes for encapsulated parts anymore.  I
will forward the issue to Indy's developers for further review.