Re: Indy.Sockets.TIdNetMemoryStream

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Indy.Sockets.TIdNetMemoryStream
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006

"antonioVS" <aferra…@uniplan.it> wrote in message
news:9AA0FD41EE0AE340aferra…@uniplan.it...

>        Dim MP As Indy.Sockets.Text = xMsg.MessageParts(1)

The MessageParts collection is 0-indexed, not 1-indexed.  You are grabbing
the second part, not the first part.  Is that what you really want?

You are also assuming the part is always a text part without actually
verifying that.  If it is not a text part, then the code will fail.

>        For x As Integer = 1 To xMsg.MessageParts.Count - 1

Again, you are skipping the first part in the collection.

>                att = CType(xMsg.MessageParts.Items(x),
Indy.Sockets.Attachment)

You don't need to use CType to verify the type of the part.  You can use its
PartType property instead:

    IsAtt = (xMsg.MessageParts.Items(x) == mptAttachment)

>            Dim ct As String = xMsg.MessageParts.Items(x).ContentType
>            If isAtt Then      'ct = "application/octet-stream" Then

Why are you discarding the actual ContentType when the part is an
attachment?  Attachments can have specialize ContentTypes of their own.

> I put the attachment in stream, but I'm not be able to view or save
> the file in an asp.net page.

Why not?  Please be more specific.  What EXACTLY are you doing with the
stream after you save the message to it?