Re: timezone part of dates converted to "-{0}{1}"

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: timezone part of dates converted to "-{0}{1}"
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006

"Michael Johnson" <architeuthis666@yahoo_.com> wrote in message
news:2B3F34F47A12E340architeuthis666@yahoo_.com...

> I've noticed that when I pop messages with Indy, or when I even load
> them from a file, the timezone part of the date is changed to "-{0}{1}".

"{0}{1}" is formatting syntax for .NET, not for the VCL.  The string value
you are seeing is coming from the TIdSysNet.DateTimeToGmtOffSetStr() method,
which is currently using "{0}{1}" when calling Format().  It should be using
"%0.2d%0.2d" instead.

Try upgrading to the latest Indy 10.1.6 snapshot in the next day or so and
see if the problem continues.