Re: POP3-Server

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: POP3-Server
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008

"Lukas Premm" <luk…@gms.info> wrote in message
news:1003C000480C663F000025…@news.atozedsoftware.com...

> I have a problem with IdPop3Server (Indy 10):
> The Pop3-Server is running properly for hours/days and suddenly
> I get a "Connection reset by peer"-error in the checkuser-event.

Your client lost its connection abnormally before your server could write
anything back to it.  Don't worry about it.  The client is gone.  Let the
exception flow back into TIdPop3Server so it can remove the connection.

> I think it has something to with the timeout-settings of the client.

Maybe.

> In my CheckUser-Event I do many different things that might last sometimes
> too long.

It is not a good idea to make clients wait too long.

> Is there a possibility to send a message to the client in the procedure,
> something like "i am still working, please wait, i will send you an answer
> soon".

No.  There is nothing in the POP3 protocol to allow that.

> Is there a command for idpop3-server like the KeepAlive-command
> of idpop3-component? thanks in advance

No.