Re: How to use TIdLogFile to trace pop commands sent from server?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How to use TIdLogFile to trace pop commands sent from server?
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008

<freetext.usenetserver.com> wrote in message

> I'm using Indy 9.0.18 for Delphi 7, and i'm having some trouble
> trying to use IdPOP.Delete with Lotus Domino Servers - the
> mails never get deleted.

Then the servers are likely buggy to begin with.

> Short of asking my user to run ethereal, is there a way to add
> logging to my pop client?

Yes.  Simply attach one of the TIdLog... components to the TIdPOP3's
Intercept property.  You can do that at design-time.

> I tried searching for sample source codes on the net but there doesn't
> seem to be any.  Is there a demo that shows how TIdLogFile is used?

The only thing needed is to assign the TIdLogFile to the Intercept property,
and then set its Filename property.  There is no other code involved.