Re: Size of attachment

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Size of attachment
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008

"duf" <d…@wp.pl> wrote in message news:6FDB0BB4325FE340d…@wp.pl...

> It is possible to know how big ( in kb ) is attachment before receiving it
> ?

No.  That information is not available in the email data.

> I would like to receive attachments no larger than 1 MB.

There is no direct way to do that.  If you are using Indy 10, the closest
you can get is to write a custom class that derives from TIdAttachment.
When receiving data, it could save any received data up to 1 MB and then
discard any data after that.  After receiving, if the 1MB limit was reached,
delete any data that was previously saved.