Re: Using Pop3 component to check for junk mail

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Using Pop3 component to check for junk mail
Posted by:  Kevin G. McCoy (atozedne…@idk-inc.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010

I don't think Pop3 supports folders. Perhaps Hotmail supports other
email protocols like IMAP that you could use to check a specific folder?

You could also write an HTML spider that checks that portion of the
Hotmail web page that holds your spam messages. This might be
problematic if Hotmail uses a CAPTCHA graphic during the login process.

I don't use Hotmail, so I can't be much help here.

There are Indy components to do both IMAP and HTML grabbing.

HTH!

Kevin G. McCoy