Re: TIdSMTPServer: end input after DATA?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TIdSMTPServer: end input after DATA?
Posted by:  Marc Scherwinski (spamrecycler@touchstone.de)
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 19:44:22 -0800, Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

Hello Gambit,

first of all thank you very much for your answer.

>> but as shown in the example above TIdSMTPServer will
>> not recognize the dot after 'LineThree' as the end of the
>> DATA input, instead it requires an additional empty line to
>> accept the message:
>
> What do you have the ReceiveMode property set to exactly?  Your first
> example will work just fine when the ReceiveMode is set to rmRaw.  If you

The ReceiveMode property is actually set to rmMessage, so...

> have it set to rmMessage or rmMessageParsed instead, then what you have
> shown in your example is invalid to begin with.  When using rmMessage or
> rmMessageParsed, TIdSMTPServer expects the message to be formatted according
> to RFC 822, and as such there needs to be a blank line transmitted to
> separate the message headers from the message content, ie:
>
>    HELO test
>    MAIL FROM: send…@domain.com
>    RCPT TO: recipie…@domain.com
>    DATA
>    HeaderOne
>    HeaderOne
>    HeaderOne
>
>    BodyOne
>    BodyTwo
>    BodyThree
>    .

...it was obviously my fault ;-). I will try this out later today but thank
you very much so far for clearing this up. Does that mean on the other hand
that it is generally a good idea to set ReceiveMode always to rmRaw in
order to avoid any potential conflicts, since it is not really predictable
in which format the incoming message will be (like shown in my first
example)?

Thank you very much and

kind regards,
marc

--
Attention: To reply via email please replace 'spamrecylcer'
with 'marc' or your mail will be rejected.