Re: TIdSMPT - Intermittant socket error #10110 on Win2k

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TIdSMPT - Intermittant socket error #10110 on Win2k
Posted by:  Ciaran Costelloe (ccostell…@flogas.ie)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004

"Roy Owen" <none@nospam.org> wrote in message
news:D433AA192A9BE240none@nospam.org...
> I have a few clients that are experiencing intermittent errors when
> attempting to email using the TIdSMTP client.  They intermittently
> receive a Socket Error #10110 and their email is never sent.  As this
> only happens on a few clients I'm assuming that it is an environmental
> issue.  I use the same code on a few nightly processes and no errors are
> ever logged.  Can anyone suggest a course of action?

One possibility is to insert logging code, maybe using Indy's logging
component, or hack IdSMTP (if you have worries about how to do this, reply -
been there!).  Also, if it happens at particular times and it depends on who
your clients are, if you can run a packet sniffer like Ethereal (free) it
really does show you exactly what is going on.

Ciaran