Re: Outgoing message size

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Outgoing message size
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004

"Andrew Lockwood" <andrew.lockwo…@fsbdial.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D34872CB519BE240andrew.lockwo…@fsbdial.co.uk...

> how do I work out the size of a message I am sending using
> TIDSMTP to allow me to show a progress indicator?

The message content that is transmitted is generated dynamically on the fly
while the message is actually being transmitted.  Indy has no way of knowing
the size ahead of time.  The only way you can get the size is to encode the
message to a stream or file before then sending it.  However, that may not
always be 100% accurate due to the dynamic nature of certain values, thus
the transmitted message may not be 100% the exact same content as the
content that was stored in the stream/file.