Re: BCB 6 SMTP "Multiple declaration for 'fd_set' "

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: BCB 6 SMTP "Multiple declaration for 'fd_set' "
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004

"Indy @ AtoZed" <w…@cta-fos.com> wrote in message
news:33E2513C2DA0E240w…@cta-fos.com...

> I have BCB 6 and have just installed the latest download of INDY 9.14.

The latest version is 9.0.16 or 9.0.17 now.

> I have tried to remove all previous indy headers in the bcb
> include\vcl directory. Any way I keep getting dozens of
> errors like "Multiple declaration for 'fd_set' " in
> cbuilder6\include\winsock2.h and "Earlier declaration of
> 'fd_set' " in cbuilder6\include\winsock.h

You probably have/had WinSock v1 related components in your project at some
time.  Indy uses WinSock v2 instead.  WinSock v1 and v2 header files are not
compatible with each other.  If you don't have/had any previous socket
components, then you are probably getting winsock.h pulled in from windows.h
itself.  You will probably have to adjust your code to change the order of
includes so that winsock2.h gets included before winsock.h can, since
winsock2.h disables winsock.h.  Also, have a look at adding
NO_WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN to your project's conditionals list.