Re: Problem with SMTP Server

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Problem with SMTP Server
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004

"Thomas Zangl" <usen…@tzis.net> wrote in message
news:5EB98F3AF4A9E240usen…@tzis.net...

> it seems after the "rcpt to: " command sent to the server
> Indy waits for an response different from the one the
> server sents back.

No, it does not.  TIdSMTP expects the server to return a 250 response in
reply to the RCPT TO command, and that is exactly what your conversation is
showing is actually happening.

> So we can expect "250 OK" or "550 go away" message
> instead of "250 <somebullshit>".

It does not matter what text appears after the 250 itself.  TIdSMTP does not
use that text to begin with.  The numeric 250 value itself is the only
important thing here.  Everything else is ignored by Indy but is still
stored in case the user code wants to use it.

> Is it M$ fault? Can we fix it?

Fix what exactly?  There is no problem here.  Please clearify.